Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Stuff

Last week I purchased my first triathlon bike, with the anticipation that I'm going to up my commitment this year.

My purchase was a Giant Trinity Alliance 1, on sale. It's a carbon composite model with the pieces of flair that one might need to hopefully be more speedy on the bike portion of a race. It's not a totally tricked out-bank account draining bike, but it's a good bike. I have a Trek road bike, which works fine by all accounts, the new bike just looked too cool (and was too cheap) to pass up. I don't believe the arguments that you can buy speed, and don't believe $5000 bike with $1000-2000 wheels is going to make you a better triathlete. It's all about your 'tude. A trip to the podium is about the people (behind you), perseverance, and practice.

I had the new bike tricked out with a Sipstream hands free hydration system. And, I have to say, that I'm more excited about it, than the bike. The reason: a well hydrated triathlete is a better-happy triathlete. Truthfully, It's the coolest hydration system I've ever seen and it works like magic. It's worth every penny. Period.

This week I start my training for triathlons in June...remember. I'll post about good swimming workouts later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment